What is Logo Design?
Oxford Dictionary describes a logo as the following; ‘A symbol or other small design adopted by an organization to identify it’s products, uniform, vehicles etc.‘
We believe that logo design is much more than this. A logo is a blend of typography and image that differentiates your business to a competitors business. A logo or brand identity can be the cornerstone of your entire business. It can be the one thing that creates loyal customers for your business.
Why is logo design important for a business?
First impressions count, a customer will take on average 7 seconds to judge your business. This is why logo design is the very first and fundamental part of any business’ success. A logo is one of the first things your customer sees. It’s the one thing they will judge your business on which is why we create bespoke logos for your business needs and goals.
We firmly believe that a business’ logo or brand identity is it’s most intangible asset. It can be the difference between a business’ success or a business going bankrupt. It can be customers deciding factor between you or your competitors. For example, a consumer study was carried out by the Crowdspring that shows the following;
- First impressions are incredibly important to develop loyalty; 48% of consumers report that they are more likely to become loyal to a brand during the first purchase or experience.
- The right color can improve readership by 40% by making messaging easier to read and more visually appealing. Color is one of the first things our brains perceive from a brand, so it’s often the first thing that pulls us in.
- 91% of consumers said that they are more likely to buy from an authentic brand than from a dishonest brand. But, it’s still important to understand what your specific target demographic values as honesty, because this perception changes between generations.
- It only takes consumers 10 seconds to form a first impression of a brand’s logo, but it takes 5-7 impressions for consumers to recognize the logo.
- 77% of consumers make purchases based on a brand name. We don’t really call Kleenex tissue, just like most people don’t say tablet- they say iPad. A great brand name will become synonymous with the product or the service.
So what does all this mean for my logo design?
These statistics are a clear indication of what consumers desire out of a business and a brand these days. Meaning, logo design and/or a brand identity can be a business’ biggest investment. It’s especially important if your business is customer facing and/or has a few competitors.
If you’re interested in rebranding your business or starting a new business and need a new logo or brand identity. Get in contact below for a free quote on your project!
Start a project!
Contact us today for a friendly chat with the team about your logo or branding project. Fill in the form in as much detail as possible and we will get back to you within 24 hours. Or you can contact us via the email and phone numbers below.
Address: Cheshire | Greater Manchester
Phone: 07397 878 378